About the Journal
Focus and Scope
- Poljarnyj vestnik is, from 2014 on, a peer-review online open access journal that publishes original research about Slavic languages, literatures and cultures. One issue is published per year. Earlier articles have gone through editorial review.
- Poljarnyj vestnik is accredited as a level 1 journal in the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers.
- Poljarnyj vestnik is published by the UiT The Arctic University of Norway on behalf of the Norwegian Association of Slavists (Norsk Slavistforbund). The legal owner of the journal is the UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
- The Norwegian Association of Slavists elects two editors at their general assembly for a period of three years.
- The editors solicit submissions, supervise the referee process, decide which submissions to publish, and upload formatted contributions to the web page of the journal.
- The editors consult with the editorial board, which is appointed by the editors.
- The University Library of Tromsø provides an internet platform for the management and distribution of the journal, as well as technical support.
- All contributions are open access, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
- From January 1st 2014, all contributions are subjected to double-blind peer-review.
- Submissions from all disciplines within Slavic studies are welcome, and the journal also encourages interdisciplinary research.
Peer Review Process
- From January 1st 2014, all contributors are subjected to double-blind peer-review. (Earlier contributions have been subjected to editorial review.)
- Normal turn-around time for evaluation of manuscripts is two to three months from the date of receipt.
- Poljarnyj Vestnik publishes one volume per year.
- Articles are published continuously as soon as they have been accepted.
Open Access Policy
- The journal provides immediate open access to all its content, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
- The journal has no article submission charges or article processing charges.
1500-7502 printed version
1890-9671 electronic version
The journal is included in the PKP Private LOCKSS Network.
The journal has started using Similarity Check, a plagiarism screening service. From 2016 all submitted manuscripts will be scanned for plagiarism.
The journal belongs to
Poljarnyj vestnik was founded in 1998. Since then the journal has come out with one issue per year. Founding editors were Professors Erik Egeberg and Lennart Lönngren of the University of Tromsø. From 2003 Professors Erik Egeberg and Tore Nesset were editors. Since 2007 Poljarnyj vestnik has been published electronically only. From 2014, Poljarnyj vestnik is an international peer-reviewed journal of Slavic Studies published under the auspices of the Norwegian Association of Slavists. Editors are Professors Tore Nesset (UiT The Arctic University of Norway) and Ingunn Lunde (University of Bergen). Poljarnyj vestnik is accredited as a level 1 journal in the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers.